Outfit PostsRecipesContactAboutFeaturesVideos

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bayou DC

 I told you I was going to get better at doing these restaurant review. Today on the menu are some delectable dishes from the creole restaurant Bayou.





 With it's creative decor and jovial atmostphere it's hard not  to feel as though you've be transported  to asomewhere in the French quarters. Bayou is a quaint restaurant located off of Pennsylvania ave near Georgetown DC. The restaurant has a menu stock full of delectable traditional Cajun cuisine which they have put there own special twist on.




The drink on the left was Krystin's Dark and stormy which she said needed more ginger and wasn't as flavorful as she'd hope. My drink was the Huckleberry Lemonade, a Huckleberry infused vodka, lemonade and club soda mix, which I didn't find to be very good either. From what we tried of the drinks, Bayou's bartender was off of his game that night because frankly the drinks weren't very good.







Because we wanted to try a variety of different items we order, five different appetizers. First up was the mac and cheese. I didn't find anything special about it and honestly think my homemade version is much better. After the poor drinks and mediocre mac and cheese, I was really hoping that the next dish would knock my socks off and well, it did! The crawfish and andouille sausage cheesecake was delicious. The smokey flavors of the sausage and crawfish was the perfect compliment to the cream cheese and spicy tomato flavor. The next dish was also no short of being amazing. These fried green tomatoes were the best I ever had. The goat cheese, corn salsa  and red pepper aioli just went beautifully together giving you all of the components (crunchy, spicy, creamy, sweet and acid) to make this the perfect dish. The boudin balls were another great dish. Fried balls of meat, rice and spices. The sauce with the boudin balls was also very good and accompanied the dish well. The last appetizer was a cup of seafood and andouille sausage gumbo which was very good and spicy.



After all of those appetizers, I barely had room for dinner but I push through so I could give you all a great review (yea right lol). For dinner, I had the jambalaya. It was spicy and very flavorful. I quite enjoyed it. Krystin had the shrimp and grits which she allowed me to try and I have to say that it kicked my poor little jambalaya's butt in the taste department. After that one bite, I had to ask for subsequent bites just to "make sure" lol. Though Krystin's had the better entree, I still enjoyed  my dinner. 
We finished off our meal with one of the best bread puddings I've ever had. It was topped with a delicious rum butter sauce and served with vanilla ice cream.

Bayou is a  great restaurant, the waitstaff was very attentive and helpful. I would rate it a 9 out of 10. The deduction in points was due to the lack lusters drinks other than that I would definitely recommend checking this place out. I know I plan on going back for some po boys and for that delicious shrimp and grits.
For more great content follow me on Facebook and instagram @according2trish

Bayou on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your loving comments.
Stay Fabulous!!
Trisha Renée