Outfit PostsRecipesContactAboutFeaturesVideos

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shamrock Shake




First I want to apologize for my absence. As you all know I've been pretty ill for the past few months and because of that, I have a lot of things going on at work to making up for the time. I haven't been able to pay attention to the blog but that ends today. I have so many wonderful changes and special things that I can't wait to share with you all. Thank so much for reading this blog. I truly appreciate you all.

Ok, now to explain this delightful treat. If you aren't familiar with the shamrock shake, here's a little background. The shamrock shake is a drink from McDonalds that comes around once a year around St. Patrick's day. Their version is made of ice cream but this version was made slightly healthier by using frozen yogurt. I think this might even be better than the original because of the addition of the creamy super fruit, avocado. If you would  like to try out this festive treat, check out the recipe below.




Ingredients:
Shake
1/2 Avocado 
3/4 cup fat free milk
1 cup of frozen yoghurt 
1/2 teaspoon Mint Extract (Not peppermint)
1 cup of ice (adjust to your preferred thickness)
1 tablespoon sugar 

Whipped Cream
1 cup Heavy Cream
2 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract




Directions:

Put milk, frozen yoghurt, sugar, avocado, ice and mint into the blender and blend until desired thickness is achieved.
With a hand mixer, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl until stiff. Put whipped cream into a pipping bag and pipe as much as you'd like atop a cup filled with the shake. Enjoy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your loving comments.
Stay Fabulous!!
Trisha Renée