Outfit PostsRecipesContactAboutFeaturesVideos

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Photo Diary: NYFW, the shows

Hello all. I still have so much more Fashion week content I want to share with you all so today's post is a photo diary of the shows that I was so fortunate to see while in New York.

 Tadashi Shoji SS2013








Tadashi Shoji has got to be one of my favorite designers. This seasons collection, like previous collections, failed to disappoint. Every piece included intricate detailing with a very feminine charm. It's  amazing how some people have the gift of story telling without using a single word and Tadashi's collect is the epitome of this concept. Each piece was a page in the story and as the garments came down the runway you would get a better sense of the story. The story that I'm speaking of is one that was influence by Tadashi's many travels. From California to Xi'an , Tadashi's travels were vase and thus his collection was very electric. The collection included long dresses in blue, rose and jade with patchwork treatment inspired by the caves of Dunhuang, pleated ikat-print dresses and embellished tule gowns, which I'm sure, will be a big hit on the red carpet. 



Arise Magazine Presents: African Icons

Do you peep Ms. June Ambrose in the background?


The Arise show was a compilation of various African designers work. It was like 5 shows in one. The show feature Designs from Maki Oh, Oswald Boateng and more. I was so fortunate to sit front row at this show, which I was incredible happy about when Oswald Boateng's line went down the runway. Let me tell you, every single male model that he had in his show, was extremely good looking *fan's self*.  Ok, back to the fashion. The various collections were filled with vibrant colors and prints which are very indicative of African culture and fashion. These were a few of my favorite looks.  I need that skirt in my life. 



 Rafael Cennamo
















 These pictures were taken at the Rafael Cennamo presentation. One thing about me is that I am a sucker for a nice dress. Rafael brought his A game for the SS2013 season. Its not often that I like all of the piece in a collection but I can truly say that I liked all of the pieces in this collection. Each and every piece looked like it was well thought out and executed. I can easily see any of these dresses on the red carpet or in my closet .


Along with these show I also saw the Lela Rose show, Noon by Noor and the Rebecca Minkoff. Didn't get any very good pictures at these shows so I will do a separate review them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your loving comments.
Stay Fabulous!!
Trisha Renée