|A picture of the real version of the sandwich|
Continuing our journey through my trip in Vegas, I thought I'd bring you a delectable little recipe. As I said in previous post, the food selection in Vegas is superb and this recipe is my interpretation of a sandwich I had at a restaurant named, Mon Petit Ami, located in the Paris hotel and casino. This sandwich was so delicious I had to replicate it some how so I came with the following recipe.
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 Onion sliced
1/4 Granny Smith Apple Sliced
1 Ciabatta loaf
1.Pre heat oven to 375
2. Grill two chicken breast that are seasoned with salt and pepper. While the chicken is grilling, heat 2 tbs of olive oil on medium heat. When the oil starts to pop when a drop of water is placed in it, put chopped onion in the pan and cook until onions are transparent and limp.
3. By this time, the oven should be heated to 375 degrees. Place the ciabatta loaf onto a baking sheet and place into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown
4. When the chicken is finished thoroughly grilling, place them on a plate to cool slightly.
5. Remove pan containing onions from heat and place to the side.
6. Cut very thin slices of apple and cut cheese in to 1/4 inch thick slices. If desired, remove the cheese from the "Croute" (the harder, bitter casing).
7. By this time, the bread should be golden brown and ready to be remove from oven. Remove bread and let cool for five minutes.
8. Once cooled, the bread is ready to make your sandwich! Cut loaf in half and then cut each half horizontally to make your sandwich. Place chicken, then apples, then onions, then cheese into sandwich and close. If the onions aren't hot any more, you may put sandwich in the oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.